Monday, May 19, 2008

Subtle Subconscious Ripples

I Hear Voices in My Head

The voices do not tell me to burn things, or anything like that. I'm not crazy, I promise. But hey, you're reading this document on the internet, so maybe it's just better if you assume the worst anyways.

On the plus side - the voices do tell me about how people around me are truly feeling, how to best help my friends with their problems, and sometimes I even get handy warnings that save me from doing something foolish. I get structured "lessons" that help me better myself and help me to understand my own internal thinking and incorrect assumptions. The voices deal with me on a personal level that makes learning very effective.

For example, just recently I was having issues with my ego. I knew something was wrong, but I couldn't put my finger on it, so I asked my subconscious to help me out. I went about my life like normal, but every once in a while, my subconscious would butt in and say, "You know, that experience you just had relates to the lesson you want to learn." This would really confuse me, because the experiences my subconscious pointed out seemed unrelated. This happened over a period of a month, and I accumulated a lot of experiences that were all linked to this issue I was having with my ego.

Finally, I figured it out. I had become proud of helping people, which actually causes problems in the long run. My subconscious confirmed that it was the lesson I was searching for, and all my past experiences now made sense. This type of personal learning is very helpful - my subconscious knows exactly what I'm thinking, and can instantly identify thoughts that are unhealthy. It can then alert me of them.

(Please be aware: I have the freedom to remain stubborn and think whatever I want - my subconscious is not policing my thoughts and punishing me for thinking "incorrectly". But if I want a lesson, and I'm open to it, then my subconscious is willing to help me achieve my goal of learning a lesson.)
How to Get Started

The first step is learning the difference between your voice, and the voice of your subconscious. This separation isn't always definite - in fact, sometimes my thoughts blur between my own, and my subconscious. But a lot of times, there is a distinct difference.

To do this, you need to learn to not think of anything, damper your emotions, and remove all expectation. Picture your mind as a pool of water - every time you think, you create ripples. Every emotion you feel, you create larger waves. Expectation also forms ripples, which is why you need to sit back and relax without expecting anything. You need to have a perfectly calm pool of water. When you can achieve that, you'll notice that ripples start to form on their own. This is your subconscious.

A good way to do that is to pose yourself a question, and wait to hear an answer. For example, think about a friend, and ask, "How does Sally feel today?" Then wait to hear something. This act of waiting will put your mind in a nice receptive state. If you aren't emotionally attached to the outcome, and you just sit there waiting for an answer, it will make your mind very quiet and ready to receive.

When you first start to do this, you might notice a ripple here or there, and then get very excited. Excitement is like dropping a boulder into your pool of water. It's great that you heard something, but you need to stay calm, and keep your mind in a receptive state of mind. If you posed yourself a question, usually the answer will come in a flash.

If you aren't receiving anything, ask the same question over again. Some questions I've sat down and asked for ten minutes or longer, until I received an answer that I was satisfied with. To do that, I ask my question, then wait maybe 20 seconds. If I don't hear any reply, I will ask again, and wait another 20 seconds. I will keep doing this until I get an answer. Be determined! You'd be surprised the sorts of answers you'll come up with after annoying the crap out of your subconscious with the same question over and over again. Don't stop until you are satisfied.
Subconscious or Imagination?

When you first start doing this, you might be very suspicious that you're creating these answers with your imagination. You just might be - at first it's hard to know for sure. The only way to ensure that your answers aren't from your imagination is to have confidence in your ability to make your conscious mind quiet. If your conscious mind is perfectly quiet, and you are waiting for an answer to your question, then your imagination is also waiting.

What usually happens when you first start is that you begin to hear an answer, and then your imagination kicks in, and starts trying to create an answer based on the first few fragments that you correctly received. So you end up with some good information, and some information that might make sense to you, but is incorrect.

This happens because you can't keep your mind quiet. For example, let's say you have a little crush on a girl, and you want to know if she's into you. You ask, "Does Jessica Alba like me?" Your subconscious starts to reply with, "Jessica Alba doesn't know you exist," but since you are all dreamy and emotional about it, you only hear, "Blah Alba blah know blah blah." You start to get emotional, and your imagination starts to fill in the blanks... and you incorrectly receive "Jessica Alba needs to know you love her". Congratulations - you've just screwed everything up.

But don't worry, it happens to the best of us. It just takes some practice in understanding what you are emotional about, and the ability to recognize when you are being emotional about something. There are some questions I can't get answers to because I am too emotional when I think about the question. Emotions mean that I have waves splashing around in my pool of water - and the subtle ripples from the subconscious get lost in the furry.
You Are Not Ready

I really hate to sound cliché - but this is true. You will only hear what you are ready to hear. If you don't believe that precognition is possible, then when you receive precognitive information from your subconscious, your beliefs start to create ripples that interfere with it. You analyze the information, and say, "That can't be true", and in a flash the information becomes corrupted by your own limitations.

For example, you might have read my story in the introduction about my ego, and thought, "Why doesn't Sean's subconscious just tell him the lesson he wanted to learn? If you can ask anything, and hear anything, then why not ask for the answer, and be done with it?" The reason is that my conscious mind wasn't ready to hear the answer. Certain things need to be understood. What good is it if I'm trying to teach you Calculus, and I give you all the answers on the test? The only thing I taught you was how to pass the test - when you get a job at NASA where you need to apply Calculus, you'll fail. You are not your subconscious. You need to be able to make decisions on your own without sitting around waiting for your subconscious to reply. To do that, you need understanding, not just superficial knowledge.

Use your subconscious as a learning tool. A way to understand reality from a different perspective, and challenge yourself. Don't use your subconscious as a replacement for logic, or decision making. Use it in addition to logic, and use it to help you make decisions. Keep your expectations, emotions, and thoughts still - and you will be able to pick up on the subtle useful ripples from the depths of your subconscious.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

This blog is very interesting. I'm been practicing TK for about a year now and am just starting to see results (fork bending, psi wheel).
After you start seeing results, does progression tend to get faster? Because I think the biggest thing for me was just figuring out how to do it in the first place, and now that I have...it would seem I'd start seeing more results/faster/stronger/etc. Am I right?